We are happy to announce that our ongoing POCTEFA project “Plastic0Pyr” has been selected as example of good practices for the development of mountainous areas by the European Association of Mountain Areas (Euromontana).
The association has been founded as a non-profit and scientific organization, with international vocation, neutral in terms of religion and politics, registered under the French law of 1st July 1901.
Its constitution stipulates that the association shall have the object of ameliorating the living conditions of the mountain populations of Europe, in particular by:
- expression, promotion and defence of the cultural, economic, political and scientific interests of the mountain populations to the European Union, vis-à-vis the European Union, the governments of the European States, the organisations responsible for regional development, the organisations in charge of cultural, social and economic policies and vis-à-vis all organisations involved in the mountain areas;
- valorisation of research carried on in the mountainous zones at the levels: local, regional, national and sectoral. Agriculture, forestry and the environment shall be the subject of particular attention;
- informing public opinion on problems of mountainous zones and their publication;
- encouragement of training and research in mountainous zones as well as the study of economic, social and ecological problems of Europe and the mountainous zones from the perspective of mountain populations;
- development of international cooperation to reduce inequalities between the mountain regions of
Euromontana today represents around 75 member organisations of all kinds in 20 European countries.
Our project PlasticØPyr appears in their latest brochure “The Cohesion Policy supports tourism in mountain areas“.